Thursday, September 18, 2008


Sorry I posted these so late but Ben had to work today. I know that does not sound like a good excuse but after a week with him at home I had to find my solo routine again!! Amelia got weighed today and the magic number was 7 lbs. and 4 oz. She no longer looks like a preemie! This makes me both happy and sad. I am so grateful that she is gaining weight but at the same time she is growing so fast. Tomorrow Amelia and I take off for our first official road trip without Daddy. We are heading to Manito for our annual fall shopping trip! I am very nervous but she is a great baby and does not mind being in the car seat so all should go well! I am sure that Aunt Karen will laugh at how much stuff I pack for her but at least I will be prepared! My excuse is that I have New Mommy syndrome!!

The pictures below are from last night when Amelia, Leah and I went for a walk. Ben was doing homework so we started off without him but as we made our way back home he was heading our way! She enjoys walks as long as they do not cut into her feeding time! Then she gets a little cranky! Thanks for checking in.

Love - Ben, Kori & Amelia





The poor child was probably sweating to death but she looked peaceful.


Leah was very excited to go for a walk considering her play time has been cut in half since Amelia got here. She does do very good around her and does not show any signs of jealousy.


This picture did not turn out very well. It was supposed to be of her battle wounds. She had a war with her fingernails and I think she loss. No matter how short I try to get them she still scratches her face up. I know there are mittens out there but I am not a fan. I don't know maybe I should be!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is the cutest stinkin' baby in the world!! Kendall says that she looks like a little peanut! We miss her so much!!! And you and Ben too I suppose! Why don't you take a road trip to MN next weekend for our bi-annual shopping trip to Grand Forks!! Not that we're going there next weekend, but we would if you were here!!
Can't wait to see you in November!!

Kim and Kendall

Grandma Cooper said...

I'll say this --- you guys have got the swaddlin' down pat!!! No wonder she is such a good baby. Can't wait to see you this afternoon and I know the little girls are very anxious to see Amelia for the first time! Be careful on your trip down here.
Love, Grandma Cooper

Anonymous said...

I think you could title this post, "Snug As a Bug".

Kim

Anonymous said...

Auntie Gail is excited to see Amelia this evening too! I just hope the little girls have had their fill of her by the time i get there.

Anonymous said...

Man that kid is ccuuuutte, his dad must be a very handsom man. In fact if I was married to him I would wait on him hand and foot, dinner every nite, and a french maid outfit to boot!

Anonymous said...

correction - Her Dad must be handsom.

Anonymous said...

Where are pictures of Amelia meeting her cousins!?!?