Sunday, August 31, 2008

D - Day!!!

Discharge Day!!!!
Today we heard from the nurse that Amelia ate great during the night and did not have any apnea episodes! So Grandma and Grandpa Cooper went in with me at 9:30 this morning to hold her and we were a little disappointed that we did not run into the doctor as we were leaving at 11:00 but right as we exited the nursery she was standing in the hall. She asked if I wanted to take Miss Amelia home today and I said yes! Ben just called and is on his way so we are hoping to leave Evanston between 5 and 6 depending on how long it takes him to get here and how long it takes to get her ready to go!! We are very excited and nervous!! Below are some pictures from our visit this morning! Enjoy!
Love - Kori

Sleeping with her mouth wide open! I think she gets that from me!

Finally a picture of me without a hospital gown on!!

Grandpa Cooper and Amelia just hanging out!

Grandma Cooper thinks she will be a snuggler!!

8 comments:

Nick and Kelly McCormick said...

Yeah! I'm so excited you guys are getting to take her home! Although, I bet it is scary!

I'm not sure she does taking after her sleeping habits. Her eyes weren't half open, Kori!

Love you all!
Aunt Kelly

Anonymous said...

Kori
Congratulations! Amelia is beautiful. I had an aunt with the name of Amelia and we called her Milly. I told your mom, but I don't know if she told you or not. I am so glad there's another Rankin blog. I LOVE keeping track of the 5 of you. Or should I say 4 because Karen doesn't contribute much!!! Best wishes to you and your little family.
Connie Friedrich

Anonymous said...

Kori and Ben--Congratulations! Amelia is such a pretty baby! I was so happy to read that she gets to come home today:) Hopefully all of you are already back home and settling in the for the night! Can't wait to see more pics of her! Christy Hibbs

Anonymous said...

yeah!!! Glad to hear she is coming home! Kori you are looking great, well you usually look nice! smiles ear to ear, wish I was there to fuss over you all too! miss you lots!
she is looking more grown up every day!!!

Anonymous said...

This is the best news i've had in days!! I'm so glad she is home and i bet you are too! She is beautiful in the pictures and i bet even moreso in person. I can't wait to see her. I wish you were coming to manito to stay for a few days. Oh well, guess i'll be making a trip to indiana in a couple weeks!!

Take Care,
Aunt GAil

Anonymous said...

oh my that is one stinkin' cute chickee...she looks so tiny in the pictures, i'm going to be so scared to hold her..but pretty sure i'll be up for the challenge...love you!

kendall :)

Anonymous said...

I can't tell you how happy I was
when Gail told me Amelia was dis-missed from the hospital and going
home with you today...such good news!!!!By the way that picture of you holding that beautiful little
girl...that's almost a modern Madonna(and not the singer,either).
Love to everyone,Grandma Budke

Kimberly Braam said...

Kori & Ben-

CONGRATS! Amelia is absolutely beautiful. Kori, you will be an amazing mom :)

Love Always,
Kimberly