Friday, August 29, 2008

Last night we got to change a diaper, give a batch, weight her and hang out in the ISCU with our favorite nurse Tracy. The diaper had real poop in it, no more easy to handle macomium.

Ok no new pics thins morning, but when I went in to see her in the morning she was in the new bed. The Ohio bed, it is open and does not have a heater or anything. This is good. She also is without feeding tube, and will lose her IV today as well. Hopefully the doc tells us she cn go home this weekend, I do not see much more criteria for her to meet other than to maintain what she is doing now.

We are going to go down at ten for the feeding. I think we are going to get a hotel room at a hotel right across from the old orchard mall, I have to call on that yet though.

The way you say the nickname is "Ahmie" like "Ahmen" but with an ie instead of an en. This is her given and accepted C.U.R.L./H.U.R.L. byname.

Check back later for new pics in the new bed!

9 comments:

Anderson said...

Oh my gosh!! Crack me up! Has your wife read this yet?

marcia said...

She is beautiful!!! Aunt Karen is very proud...congrats...m.meeker

Anonymous said...

Wonderful blogging, Ben!!And it is so nice to hear that Ahmie is making great progress and really pooping!!!Funny ,I've always thought that the nickname for
Amelia was AMY, but I guess if you want to give her a nickname you can give her anything you want!!!!Love to the three of you, Great-Grandma Budke

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Kori and Ben!!!
Thanks for naming your first-born after me - I appreciate that! Seriously, congratulations and I'm glad everything is going well.
Kay

Nick and Kelly McCormick said...

Where are the new pictures?!!! Amelia's public needs to see her!!

Anonymous said...

Hello from the Watson Clan!!!
Sorry I haven't posted, i don't have a google identity i guess. Ameila is beautiful!! Kori you look awesome !! I'm glad to hear everything is going well and that she may get out soon! Sorry I'm not able to come this weekend as planned, but i will get to indiana as soon as things settle for you and for us. Also Thank you for the card, sometimes we forget that we are going to be grandparents and things like that are a little reminder! And Ben, You are doing awesome on the blogging.....keep it up, we love it!!

Love you guys
Aunt Gail

Anonymous said...

oh, I miss you all so much!! I am with Grandma Budke, Amy is a cute nickname for Amelia, right? anyways glad to see she is doing well and cant wait to hear more!!hugs and kisses!

Anonymous said...

glad to hear that she moved to the ohio bed...is the ultimate bed called minnesota or illinois? i figure it has to be one of those two because they are the best states ever :P love you all and can't wait to see you in a few days!

auntie kendall..hehe ;P

Anonymous said...

I wanted to know when she was gonna move to the indiana bed.