Thursday, September 10, 2009

Whiny 1 Year Old!

Amelia has been very busy playing with all of her new toys! That is when she is not clinging to Ben or me! She has reached the stage where we have to work to get her to play by herself. She would be content sitting on our laps all day and cries when one of us leaves the room! She seems to pick which parent she wants to hang out with for the day and the other one she wants nothing to do with. Hopefully this stage will not last too long, I do not know if I can handle it much longer.
Amelia would like to say thank you again for all the great gifts she received! She loves them all!
Hope you enjoy the pictures!
Love - The Machlitts




This picture is for Aunt Kim so she can see that Amelia has plenty of big girl toys to play with now.


She loves Cheerios!



My favorite picture of the week!



She loves her new wagon too!
I catch her trying to stick her fingers through the holes in the bottom of the wagon while I was pulling her around.










Daddy was mimicking Amelia running through the yard!
We had meatloaf, potatoes, and peas for supper. Amelia loved the peas! After supper I went in to see what she was doing in the dining room and found her eating peas out of the high chair! I guess she was not done yet! Probably due to the fact the 70% of what she grabs ends up in her lap!

I wish I was this photogenic.


Hanging out in the yard! She was having fun chasing Moose around the yard.



Sorry about my heavy breathing!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the "It's my party and I'll cry if I want to. We sang the same song at Ben's cousin Elizabeths first birthday as she lay crying in her playpen on a beautiful day at the park. Amelia sure has a lot of Ben in her. He always loved peas. Would just eat a whole can of them for lunch. She is starting to look older and less like a baby. I'll be there soon and you can start working on another. Isn't clingy fun. Does she shy away from strangers now too?
Love to all-Pushy Grandma Rundle

Rankin Family said...

yeah!!! she needs more toys I think!
Matthew kept saying mine when he seen the wagon! great pictures
must be hard having such a good looking husband huh! LOL
Nick has now been saying that! He cant go and play with Ben anymore
hugs
Amy

Anonymous said...

First of all, I love the new look of Amelia's blog! Quite classy!
Second, that is a really nice picture of Ben. I'm not photogenic either and it seems I can just snap a good picture of Scott without any effort!
Third, your daughter cracks me up! She's totally got the sitting in the wagon and having somebody pull her around down pat!!! She knows what she's doing, "I'll just sit here, hang on, and go for a great ride!" LOVE IT!! I agree with Amy, she definitely needs more toys...Thanks-Christmas is right around the corner!! These toys don't seem BIG enough!!

Love ya and thanks for posting!!
Kim

Brittany said...

She is looking so much older! And your favorite photo of the week is mine too - just look at that face! What a cutie :)

Grandma Cooper said...

What a little princess -- sitting in her wagon, laughing as she's being pulled around!!! (Quite different from her whiney-ness when she was here!!! LOL) Love your favorite picture too!

Anonymous said...

The wagon sure is a big hit. You can tell she loves it. I really enjoyed the video. Dad