Friday, January 9, 2009

Shedd Aquarium


After dropping Grandma and Grandpa Rundle off at the airport we headed to Shedd Aquarium. I have been begging Ben to take me for a couple years and then out of the blue he asks if I want to head over there! I was not dressed that nicely because I did not think I would be getting out of the car but I jumped on the opportunity. Unfortunately, the Oceanic exhibit was closed because they are in the process of redoing it. It was still fun however and Amelia enjoyed the turtles! That is about it though!
Love - Ben, Kori & Amelia


We bought her a little stuffed sea turtle and she loves it because she can grab things and put them into her mouth now!

See what I mean?

The majority of the time she slept! Oh well, Ben and I were glad she was sleeping instead of screaming like other kids!



My pictures are dark because they do not allow flash photography!


My best picture of a shark! It turned out well only because I forgot to turn my flash off! Whoops!




Walking through the Coral Reef Aquarium was like watching Nemo! Ben and I kept referring to the movie!





A blurry sting ray!






By the way we have outgrown almost all 3 month clothes and are in 6 month clothes now!
Ben is getting worried but I think she is super cute no matter how chubby she gets!!








6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What fun!!! I'm so jealous! I love the aquarium!
Amelia is so darn cute and she's getting so big! She doesn't look so newborn anymore!!!

Thanks for the pictures!
Kim

Anonymous said...

Anna was a chunky monkey baby too, and look how thin she is now! All baby's are chubby! Tell Ben not to worry. When Baby Mac comes out, I'm sure he or she will make cousin Amelia look tiny and petite!!! :)

Grandma Cooper said...

What changes we see in her! This is only the beginning of how fast she will change in the next few months, going from holding herself up really well to rolling over to sitting up to crawling, etc., etc. And her laughing -- how fun to listen to that!! Wait four months, go to Shedd again, and see how changed she is. I'm sure she'll not sleep through it then!!

Anonymous said...

Your camera may have a setting for behind glass/museum type pics. works without a flash. and you should be able to edit out the low light in an editing program. :) I use a Creative Memories one and also Paint.net (that one is free!)

Brittany said...

If you love Shedd's Aquarium you guys should go to the one in Louisville, KY. I think it's called Newport or something - it is AWESOME!

Glad you guys hadd a good time. You never know - maybe Amelia will grow up to be a marine biologisit or something :)

Anonymous said...

the unsigned anon was me (alissa) not some scary blog stalker! although I suppose I can be a bit scary on occasion and I am a blog stalker....but at least one you know!