Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Crayons!!

Hello, everybody! Just thought I would post some pictures of Amelia coloring. Aunt Kim bought her these crayons way back in August and she has finally figured out that they are not for eating or playing with. Ben and I have been writing a lot of note cards and she loves to grab our pens and a note card and try to color! So, last night it dawned on my to get these out again and she finally got it!
She had been very crabby and although she is not smiling, she was really enjoying herself.
She did not like it when Daddy tried to help her out and color with her!
Amelia has also started being pro-active at bedtime. When it gets to be that time or we start to tell that she is sleepy, we ask her if she is ready to go night, night. She then, usually, will grab her blanket and stand at the baby gate in front of the stairs. If we don't come get her to take her down she gets slightly annoyed! It is so nice that she knows when she is tired and does not throw a fit. Of course, I know that this will change but for now it is rather nice.
She also has become interested in putting the puzzle pieces in the right place on the puzzles.
This happened just yesterday, and we did all of her puzzles. She still has trouble because she seems to want to turn the piece right before she puts it in but we are getting there.
Thanks for visiting!
Love - us


















7 comments:

Rankin Family said...

ahw what a sweet heart! and Miss Independant too! love it!!!

Brittany said...

She is one smart cookie! Now that she has the "night night" stuff down, you need to teach her that when you say "I'm thirsty" that means she needs to go get you a drink :)

The Machlitt Family said...

You are so right, Brittany!I mean, she does have a stool so there is no reason why she can't reach the fridge to get me something cold to drink!! Too funny!
Kori

Anonymous said...

She in soo into the coloring, just way to cute. I can't believe that she is that focused on the coloring and really concentrating on what she is doing. Good job Amelia, would love the see the finished work of art there.
Grandpa and Grandma Rankin

Alissa said...

she eez a very serious arteeeest :)
So cute I love those crayons James had some markers like that. LOVED them!
Can you believe she is big enough to be coloring?

Anonymous said...

Yay! I'm so glad she's finally into those crayons and I agree, she's so, totally focused!
I'm totally jealous of the going to bed routine! She's definitely Kori's child - begging to go to bed while all the other children are begging to stay up late!

Thanks for posting!
Love ya,
Kim

Anonymous said...

I can't believe it either-She actually asks to go to bed. A girl after my own heart. I think Ben is going to have problems with "letting her do it herself" thing. THat's a hard one, at least it was for me. You can't hurry her and you can't do it for her.
Grandma Rundle