Wednesday, August 26, 2009

What a Birthday!?!?!?!?


Just a few pictures from Amelia's birthday! She is sick(thank you Auntie Kendall, ha ha) and has 2 teeth breaking through. So you can imagine that she was not thrilled with the news that it was her birthday! There was no cake because Ben and I literally had 30 minutes together that day so we decided to make the celebrations short and sweet!
Hope you enjoy!
Love - Us





Ben got her a caterpillar that sings the alphabet and she screamed bloody murder!




Later she unwrapped 2 more presents and was somewhat happy!




This was her favorite! She got excited!


Carrying it around!

Bending over to see what is going to pop up!

Later that night she as on a roll!
She was laughing and playing!


Again, with the favorite toy!
This picture makes me sad, doesn't she look so long legged and grown up?


She reminds me of the Charlie Brown character, Linus ,with her blanket!










This is not a great video but it shows her walking around and her battle wound from the day. I finally put the old FRED PROOF gate in front of the stairs so she could meander around without boundaries. She ended up hitting her face on the corner of the trim! She loves the freedom and now I have to really baby proof the rest of the house!


7 comments:

Brittany said...

Wow - I can't believe her favorite toy is one of the "old" toys that we used to have as kids (and not some new high-tech awesome thingamajig). I remember that one and the top that she's carrying around in the video! She is getting so big - it's so hard to believe she's a year old now.

Anonymous said...

She looks like she has already slimmed down from walking!! I can't wait to see her and the both of you over labor day!!

aunt gail

Grandma Cooper said...

I agree with you, Gail! I keep looking at these pictures, back and forth, thinking she looks so different and trying to figure out what it is!!! I don't know if her face looks thinner or what, but I do think she's looking different!! Can't wait to see all of you, Kori!!!

Sneff's Blog said...

She is getting so big!! I miss that little girl!!

Sneff :)

Grandma Budke said...

Happy Birthday, Amelia!!!!I'll see you on the fifth at Aunt Karen's to
observe your birthday.You are certainly growing up!

Kelly said...

I thought it was her big girl nightgown that made her look so different, but you guys are probably right. Now that you mention it, I think she's gotten taller and slimmer. All that exercise!

Anderson said...

She's thinking, "What, there's more to this house?" She'll be running labs around the stairway before you know it! She looks like she's changed so much since we saw her just a little while ago! Can't wait to see you all this weekend!

Thanks for posting!!!
Kim

ps - I almost bought that pop-up toy for her yesterday, good thing I didn't!!