Wednesday, August 5, 2009

I Go Out Walkin'

I am sorry that it has been awhile since my last post. I thought that since I was on break from school I would have a ton of pictures to post. That is not the case! I must be too busy relaxing! We have been so grateful for the cool weather the past two weeks and have spent a lot of time out doors, swinging, playing in the pool, playing(eating) in the grass, and taking walks. Our garden is going well so far and I was surprised that Amelia ate a tomato and a green bean, right off the plant! This child will eat grass and raw green beans but not any meat we give her. She is a weird O! Anyway, I finally got a video of her walking and showing her stuff. I am so happy that she has reached this goal and even more happy that she does not get upset when she falls on her rear every few steps! She just gets back up and keeps on truckin'!
On another note, Ben got his acceptance into the Masters program at Purdue! We are very proud of him! He starts in September and has class every Saturday, so you probably will not see him very much! That is not new though!
Well, call me Kim, he he , but I have written an essay! Hope you enjoy and we will see you soon!
Love - Ben, Kori, and Amelia




Enjoying the nice weather!


Walking with Daddy! Sometimes she will hold your hand, but if you are leading her in a direction she does not want to go she pulls away.
Little Miss Independent.
Plus, notice our two toned grass. We have been watering the sections near the house so she has some soft grass to play in!
We also have to say, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DADDY!
Ben turns, 36, tomorrow!
And yes, he has grey hairs to prove it!
Love you, Daddy!
All smiles!



I love this picture!
This is her at her best!
Look at those teeth!










Sorry for any loud noises!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY Amelia!!!! How fun to see her walking! It's an entire new world for her now!!!! The picture of you two is really good!! You look awesome, Kori!!!
We're getting very excited for your trip up here!!

Thanks for posting!
Love ya,
Kim

ps - HAPPY BIRTHDAY BLOG HACKER!!!!

Grandma Cooper said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BEN-JAMMIN!!!!And watch out Purdue, you won't know what hit you!!!

Kori, I can't believe you didn't tell us that Amelia was walking AND had another tooth on top!!! I called Karen last night after talking to you and she said she didn't know either!! Can't wait to get a copy of that really good picture of Amelia to put in my office. And that one of you and her is really good, too!! Maybe you can get one of those that I can put in my family collage!

Grandma Rundle said...

Finally! A picture with Kori and Amelia. Love it with the teeth showing. I didn't know she had that many. At least the hard part is pretty much over, it's those first ones that get them. Good to see videos of her walking. And all the other videos. You all don't know how lucky you are, you get to see her often. I am so surprised that she won't eat meat. Not like daddy who probly eats meat every day.Good luck to Purdue. Oh I mean Ben. He doesn't need it though, he's smarter than the average bear.
Grandma Rundle

The James Gang said...

Amelia, you are such a big girl! We're so happy you're walking now. Can't wait to see you tomorrow - wish I could bring you home with me!

Brittany said...

I can't believe how big she is getting (and how fast)! I love her in her pink hat - what a cutie. And I love how she seems to try to balance with her hands wide open when she walks. She's going to be strutting her stuff without falling in no time!

Nick and Kelly McCormick said...

She's getting so darn big! It makes me so sad!! But, she's so darn cute in her hat with her big teethy grin. And, I love her walking videos too!

Ben, Happy Birthday and congratulations on the Masters acceptance! I'm so happy for you!!

Kelly

Anonymous said...

A few more milestones for the Machlitt family! What a walker! Love the hat. Now that school is starting we are going to get the hot weather and I won't be able to get in the pool! So glad you are able to enjoy Amelia to the fullest. It sounds as though you are having a trip up nort'. Enjoy the sisters and cousins.
Connie