Sunday, December 20, 2009

Too Many Projects!!

Sorry for the delay in posts. I have tried to upload 3 different videos of Amelia and none will upload! It has been very frustrating. It is much easier to video tape her than take pictures these days as she is running around everywhere. Below are a few pics I got this week. We have had a very busy week with school ending and Ben working extra hours due to lack of employees at his mill. But thankfully things have evened out now and he is back to normal(somewhat)!
This Monday we are hosting a dinner for two friends of mine and their spouses! Yikes! I was determined to get some projects done before then and have succeeded in a couple.
My bathroom still is not done, I asked Nick tonight if he would come work with Ben on the bathroom and Amelia and I would go visit Colby and Kelly. He did not agree! Hopefully the bathroom will be done by March.
We also moved the office downstairs to the extra room and made the extra room upstairs Amelia's playroom. I never understood why kids needed playrooms. Now I do, it is so their stuff has less of a chance of sneaking into the main living area! And so there are not toys strewn everywhere on the living room floor every night! So we divided half her toys to go in her room and the other half to stay upstairs. So, if you do not see something you got her it is probably in her room. Now that our office and laundry room are downstairs we take her down there a lot more while we are working!
Enjoy the pictures and have an awesome Christmas!
Love - Ben, Kori, and Amelia


P.S. Thank goodness I passed my classes this semester! No re dos for me!


Some progress, at least the tile is up!

I downloaded the movie, Barnyard, on I-tunes the other day for $4.99. She is watching it with a lot of interest!

But she had to watch it off my computer! My awesome I pod is too old to take movies!
It is only 3 years old!


Her new playroom! Eventually we will get cubby shelves for her toys and a small table and chairs, maybe for her birthday! I am also going to paint the bottom of one wall with chalkboard paint and magnetic paint! I am excited.



Wanting to control the movie herself. We almost got time out for that one.




She is starting to get more battle wounds as she is trying to climb on everything and use everything as a stool.





One of her accomplishments. Climbing into the big rocking chair.
She doesn't care what she "climbs" on. It could be huge or small. She still thinks she is pretty cool.
My neighbor, Kim, who watches her invited her to her family's Christmas celebration. She picked Amelia up and kept her there for 3 hours! I got to finish my last Harry Potter book!
She was waiting for her to come and got super excited when she found out she got to leave with her. I am now aware that other people are way more fun than Mommy!
She looks so bored with me!
Thank you to Grandma and Grandpa Rundle and also Uncle David and Aunt Lydia for the packages! She loved everything she got although she is not to keen on sitting still to have her picture taken with the gifts!
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!
I am sure she would give you kisses if you were here!
And yes, she is dressed like a little boy in her red pants and Tonka shirt!
So, that is what a boy would look like?
Ha, ha!

6 comments:

Grandma Cooper said...

YEA for passing your classes!!! We are so happy for you!!

Poor Amelia, having to watch a movie on your computer while sitting in a rocking chair a ways away!! (Does that make sense?!?!?) Grandpa C. recognizes the big rocker! Do you need a bigger one, we have several more!

Love the close-up picture of her the day she went with Kim --- so cute!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE that she sits in her rocking chair so much! She's so stinkin' cute!!
And, I have to say, how wonderful to have a neighbor like Kim, who takes her to her family's Christmas! That's so sweet!!! You guys are so fortunate to have such a wonderful neighbor!!!
Amelia looks like she's changed so much since a month ago! She's going to be completely different the next time we see her in the spring!
Thanks for posting!!
Kim

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the classes! And Amelia's new playroom looks awesome and lots of fun! She cracks me up sitting up on her rocking chair watching a movie on the big chair!

Love you!
Kendall

grandma rundle said...

This was the first time I could really see that she is getting some hair. She is just to precious, as are you and Ben.
Later gater-Grandma Rundle

Anonymous said...

congrats on the classes enjoy the rest before they start again. That girl is so cute and we love her room. we see the barn made it's way in there. Love and God bless, Grandma and Grandpa Rankin

Kelly said...

The bathroom looks like it's coming along!!! And, I agree with Kim...how nice that your neighbor wanted Amelia at her Christmas dinner!!! And, how nice that Amelia was excited to go with her! She's so stinkin' cute!